Saturday, March 1, 2008

Review: Clinique Eye Makeup and Remover

I recently got back into a Clinique makeup kick. I had to get some eye makeup and eye makeup remover at my nearest Clinique counter, because of some eye irritation on my waterline.

Clinique is considered very helpful for people with sensitive skin, rosacea, et al, and so I knew I could get some good results in the short term.

Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent -- this doesn't sting and is oil-free so it won't cause issues with drier or sensitive, contact-wearing eyes.

Colour Surge Eye Shadow Soft Shimmer in Desert Sun -- a lovely peachy pink satiny eyeshadow that is very comfortable and soothing, and a little creamy even. Provides good coverage, however, as most Clinique eyeshadows are not very pigmented, neither is this one. The best part for me is that I don't get an itchy or watery eye from this shadow!

Quickliner for eyes in black/brown and new black -- I really like the new black because it's not too pigmented or hard to remove, but provides an even line that can be smudged with the other end of the pencil (smudger) or with eyeshadow. No irritation or stinging, but has issues staying all day long -- can benefit from eyeshadow smudging on top, for longer lasting looks.

High Impact Mascara in black/brown -- very nice mascara that has a medium-large brush, not too wet, and creates volume and definition without clumps. Easily removable with cleanser or eye makeup remover. No stinging, no flakes, nice!

No comments: