Monday, November 21, 2011

Travel Packing

I have begun to hate travel packing when I don't have a check in bag. The convenience of not checking something in can definitely put a damper on your beauty packing.

I seriously have a grudge on those stringent restrictions enacted sine 2001. But there's hope to the anxiety, with a little pre-travel prep.

As proof, this last trip last week actually turned out pretty good, packing wise. Just the essentials for beauty and health care and I was well off for an entire 9 days. Nine days! How about that!

Do you have a hard time remembering everything you need, when you pack for travel? I sure do, and there's  nothing worse than that terrible feeling dawning on you as you unpack at your destination, and remembering what essential you forgot.

For a couple of years now, I've begun a serious, pre-planning philosophy for the few trips I take each year. I keep the essentials ready to go just in case: a shoe box where I dump keep all my product travel sizes and/or product travel containers, and a plastic quart-size bag. That's where all those free toothpaste samples from the dentist go!

I no longer purchase sample sizes unless it's a trusted, holy grail product. This cuts down on cash hemmorages waste and bad surprises while traveling far away from home.

Here's my beauty and hygiene packing list from this last trip:

Plastic bag:

  • face wash
  • moisturizer
  • liquid foundation
  • other cream #1
  • other cream #2
  • toothpaste
  • deodorant (if it's solid doesn't need to be here)
  • hair product in gel, liquid, or spray
Makeup bag:
  • eyeshadow(s) and brush(es)
  • eyeliner
  • mascara sample
  • powder foundation and brush
  • blush and brush
  • eyelash curler
  • hair clips/bobby pins to help wash face or style hair
  • face cloth, rolled up
  • toothbrush 
  • razor
Do you have your own pre-trip plan to keep your packing easy peasy?


No comments: