Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Work Desk Emergency Stash Drawer

Do you keep lifesaving beauty, apparel, and healthcare supplies in your work desk drawers/cabinets?

I have always kept a little zipper pouch full of emergency items at my desk. Over time, I believe I've refined the contents to the very bare essentials.

Here's my stash:
  • Hand wipes
  • toothbrush and toothpaste
  • face wash and face moisturizer
  • eyeliner and mascara
  • makeup compact with eyeshadows and blush -- a freebie from Clinique!
  • band aids -- though our offiec has a very well-stocked medical cabinet
  • panty liners
  • clear nail polish
  • nail polish remove pads
  • stain removal pen
  • vitamins and probiotics
  • anti static spray
  • folded plastic bags
Thankfully, there's a continuously refreshed of family-sized aspirin and ibuprofen in our medical cabinet, so I don't need to worry about having some of my own.

Also, under my desk, I keep a lumbar support pillow and a cozy cashmere blanket. My office has been known to be freezing cold in-between seasons, and in deep winter. The windows facing North cause a number of drafts to chill the air of our ground level space.

I need to refresh my stash by adding some trouser socks and nude hose. I've often come to the office with no socks only to be miserably cold the rest of the work day. Oh, and a protein bar!

No comments: