Monday, December 19, 2011

Medicine Cabinet Beauty Essentials

There are a few items in my medicine cabinet/drawer that I know can count on, in any type of beauty emergency. It's useful to keep some trusted products, which you've had optimum results and are of a price point that you can live with, on hand for just these types of situations.

Here's my list of trusted standbys:
  • Atopalm Intensive Moisturizing Cream ($30) - this is for heavy duty moisture in winter or summer, or if your skin has undergone a medical treatment that made it dry and sensitive. It's especially helpful when you have a sore nose from a cold. I used to get samples from my online retailer (and still do), but now I bought myself a full size one.

  • CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser ($14) - this cleanser is a neutral, foaming cleanser that I always go to in a pinch or in-between other cleansers I've been forced to buy suggested by my esthetician(s). I go through approximately four a year.

  • Clinique CityBlock SPF 40 ($18) - I am incredibly sensitive to sunblock products, and this is one which has never once caused me any effects whatsoever. It's incredibly easy to apply or reapply. It's protected my face and neck on many an outdoor scamper in the summertime. I go through approximately two a year.

  • MAC Mineralize Sknifinish Natural ($27) - this is my go to foundation, cover-up, powder, eyelid primer, etc. It's one of the very few, remaining face powders that don't contain talc--one of my arch-nemesis ingredients. I go through approximately two a year.

  • Thalgodermyl Purifying Extracts ($47) - this has been my go-to spot treatment since I was first shown it by an esthetician at Nordstrom in the early 2000s. One bottle lasts me for years, pending the occasional, excruciating accident where I may knock the bottle and spill some on my bathroom counter. ToT

  • Dr. Bronner's Classic Liquid Soap (32 oz $17) - I love the lavender, citrus, rose, or almond and I always have a bottle of one on hand. It's a great body wash and could even serve as a bath soak, foot soak, or shampoo in a pinch. The mint classic soap bar ($4.50) is a perfect remedy to tired legs and feet after sight-seeing or a hot summer day.

No comments: