Sunday, August 19, 2012

Late Summer Nails

natural sienna
This August, to celebrate the hottest month and the brightest sun rays, I decided to go bronze with my toes and finger nails.

For toes I've opted for Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle Nail Color, Natural Sienna. It's a deep bronze with a hint of rose gold shimmer. It's a rich color that reminds me of the jewel tones of spicy India.

It suits darker skin tones, as well as tanned skin tones. I like the contrast between my peachy summer skin and the richness of this hue. The light metallic shine adds an extra dimension.

For finger nails I've opted for Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish in Raisin the Bar. It's a bronze rose gold that has become one of my favorites.

raisin the bar
I think both of these colors work well together. They're in a similar family and have a light metallic sheen to them that create a lovely monochromatic or matched look for toes and finger nails.

Along with these two colors, I use Sally Hansen Insta-Grip Fast Dry Base Coat and Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat.

A great plus is that these two bronze family colors go well with a darker wash/indigo jean that I've started wearing again, from Levi's Denizen (at Target).

I think I'm already transitioning into an early autumn/Indian summer! Yikes, where has summer gone?!

No comments: