Friday, November 30, 2012

Bath Time Favorites

Last year I began a hot baths practice to help with the chills and winter mood. With experimentation  I've found a variety of bath bombs, salts, and essential oils which I can add to make the experience that much more enjoyable.

A simple bath could very well just entail epson salts and a squeeze of lemon juice or lemon zest. There are also essential oils that one can blend to one's own needs/likes. There are also a variety of milks, gels, salts, and other solubles to help make bath time special. There's something for every budget and taste, really.

Here are some favorites that help make my bath time that much more special:
from my Things I Love Pinterest board

  • Lush bath bombs (cinders, butterball, and twilight are my faves)
  • Hugo Naturals fizzy bath bombs (grapefruit/orange and rose/sandalwood are my faves)
  • Thymes frasier fir votive candle
  • Bath and Body Works three-wick candles (hot chocolate, leaves, fresh bamboo, and fresh balsam are my faves)
  • Ikea glimma unscented tealights and glass votive holders (galej and glimma
  • White bamboo terrycloth bath robe
  • bamboo bath mat
  • Aura Cacia essential oils (bergamot, lavender, geranium, grapefruit, frankincense are faves)
To keep things soothing, I turn off the lights, light as many candles as I think are appropriate, and tune my laptop to my ambient music station on Pandora.

I sometimes bring a book, or my Kindle to read. I sometimes use a face product to help my skin detox or a hair masque to help re-hydrate my tresses. I've also tried drinking a soothing tea or warm lemon water afterwards as I read in bed and get settled in for a good night of sleep.

There are as many ways to get ready to sleep as there are people. These little practices have been a good, new way to help me be kinder to my old bones.

No comments: