Saturday, November 24, 2012

Discontinued Products: Mascara

What happens when one of your beauty regimen staples, or any favorite product, ceases production?

A number of pieces of inventory can go to warehouse style retailers. For cosmetics, it will probably be Perfumania and The Cosmetics Store. Also, it pays to look up eBay shops, and Google Shopping.

I recently realized that Clinique stopped production of my favorite mascara, Long Pretty Lashes. It's a little thicker than the standard Naturally Glossy Mascara, which is what my local Clinique attendant suggested as a more natural mascara, but that when applied to my lashes, is crap.

I bought Revlon's PhotoReady 3D Volume mascara, and it was too wet and clumped my lashes together rather than provided the definition I wanted. This is the same problem I have with Lancome's Definicils--which so many women swear by. Hypnose also didn't work well for me, but I am smitten with Hypnose Doll Lashes. Which is my favorite drama mascara.

I am thinking of trying out one of the Clarins mascaras--since it's a product line so close to Clinique, and so much better in so many ways.

A quick online search for "long pretty lashes dup" doesn't really produce any useful information. A search for top mascara on MakeupAlley produces Benefit BadGal in plum, which I can't imagine why is being recommended. But L'Oreal Paris USA's Extra Volume Collagen mascara comes recommended, so I may give it a whirl.

No comments: