Friday, December 7, 2012

Nail Polish for the Holidays

I used to paint my fingernails bright red for the holidays when I was in high school. These days, I usually don't pay as much attention as all that, because I don't have many get-togethers to plan for--usually it's just two work-related parties and perhaps, a dinner with my parents before they head out on a month-long cruise.

This year, however, serendipity has brought me together with a really gorgeous orange-y red that's just perfect for the season. It's by Revlon Colorstay, and it's called cayenne.

Whenever I look at my  nails, while wearing cayenne, I think of a roaring stone hearth in a snowed in cabin. Or Mexican spiced hot chocolate. Or a sultry sip of gluhwein. Or the orange glow of an early-afternoon sunset.

I'm very into dark browns, oranges, and yellow-orange this season. This polish suits both the holidays and my penchant for orange! Double win! :o)


No comments: