Sunday, March 1, 2015

Winter Dry Skin Care

My skin gets sooo dry in the winter. Especially now that we live in a small apartment, everything dries up like you wouldn't believe it. It's convenient when drying laundry, but not when your skin starts itching!

I wear a lot of tights in winter, and nothing more horrifying than noticing white, powdery skin flakes on the tights after I take them off at the end of the day. Yuck!

I've gone back to using a variety of exfoliators in the shower: an exfoliating glove, St Ives Sea Salt body wash, St Ives Even and Bright Lemon and Mandarin body wash, Spa Bon Vital sugar scrub with pink grapefruit, Tasha & Co Organics scrub in red currant. I've also used moisturizing body washes in alternation with these scrubs: Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash, St Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body wash, and more.

My latest cure-all for dry skin is mixing my St Ives Intensive Healing lotion with a dry oil like Philosophy Pure Grace satin finish body oil. I apply it while still damp from the shower. I didn't believe it made a difference until I was in a hurry one day and didn't do it. Itchy as all get out!

I try not to forget to put cuticle oil on my cuticles, so I bought a cuticle oil pen and keep it on my desk at work.

Another important tool in my cold and dry defense kit is a new hand cream I accidentally bought at Walgreens, the Gold Bond Ultimate Intensive Healing Hand Cream. It has a soft citrus smell, absorbs right up, and provides a lovely an soothing feeling for the remainder of the day without being greasy. It's perfect for my needs.

I've also upped my intake of water and tea vs. coffee and bought a small Satechi USB humidifier for work since I get winter nosebleeds.

I can't wait until winter is over, it's been a rough one this time around.

No comments: