Saturday, August 9, 2008

Mascara Reviews

One of the items I hear the most complaints about these days, are mascaras. So many preferences and so many women, and so many products! It's difficult to choose the correct mascara for oneself, and where to start?!

Well here's some reviews which hopefully can assist you in selecting a mascara. My personal checklist for mascaras is as follows:
  • must not sting, itch, or otherwise irritate my sensitive eyes
  • must be safe for contact lenses wearers
  • must come in black and some type of brown
So here's the list of recently reviewed mascaras:
  • L'Oreal Voluminous in carbon black - excellent coverage, good color payoff...but is smudgy and particles fall in my eyes continuously
  • Neutrogena Weightless Volume in rich black- this is more like a lash tint, but has a very strong chemical smell that troubles me
  • Benefit Bad Gal Lash in black - similar to the L'Oreal Voluminous without the smudginess, but has a strong chemical odor such as the Neutrogena mascara
  • L'Oreal Voluminous Naturale - lovely silicone brush makes it easy to color eachand every lash. Tends to lengthen the lashes and straighten them because it's a "wetter" type of mascara that tints well. I don't like the lengthening and straightening effect however
  • Sephora Lash Plumper in black - similar to MAC's plush lash but much less expensive
  • Clinique High Impact Mascara - tends to wet down my lashes a little, but otherwise gives a noticeable oomph
  • Clinique Long Pretty Lashes - I like the smaller rectangular shape (simpler) applicator and I like the natural but emphasized look this mascara provides me. My current standby/must have mascara.
  • Clinique Lash Building Primer - anyone with sensitive eyes or contact lenses should avoid primers as they contain minute fibers that lodge in the eye and lashes -- good to apply to ends of lashes for extra oomph
  • Boots No7 Lash and Brow Perfector - excellent for taming unruly eyebrows and a quick mascara that works in a hurry
Hope these are helpful!
- J

No comments: