Sunday, September 7, 2008

Clinique Pore Minimizer Line

When I was out of town about two weeks ago and shopping with my mom, I meandered to the Clinique counter. I was especially interested in finding something to help with oily skin and pores. The kind attendant took me under her wing and talked to me about their recently-added line of pore minimizing products. It seemed like the best option.

The attendant introduced me to the following, particular items:
  1. Pore Minimizer Thermal-Active Skin Refiner -- helps with skin and cell turnover, to smooth and even out oilier, thicker skins with congestion issues. Is warm to the touch and has scrubbing particles
  2. Pore Minimizer T-Zone Shine Control -- excellent over or under makeup, provides smooth, fine, and primer-like coverage
  3. Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector -- lightly tinted, and very similar to the t-zone shine control product, this can be applied instead of a tinted moisturizer and applied sparingly on those oilier, larger pore areas of the face such as the t-zone
This year I learned that my skin doesn't like tinted moisturizers, because they're too oily. The combination of these three products listed above helped me curtail the oilies I usually get around this time of year, due to the changing seasons/weather.

The skin refiner is a good product to use every now and again, in alternation with a peel product. I use the pore minimizer as a primer before the instant perfector or foundation. The instant perfector is great for when I'm in a rush and just apply some powder on top to even out the complexion.

Time will tell if this combination will work for winter time skin as well, or if it's just the right combination for warmer climates.

No comments: