Monday, February 21, 2011

Service Review: Birchbox

Birchbox is a mail service. With a three, six, or twelve month subscription you will be receiving a box every month with large sample sizes of beauty products (and maybe edible treats) that have been tailored to your profile.

I signed up in mid-December for the twelve month subscription at around $120 dollars ($10 per box). Upon receiving your package, you can test out the samples and write your opinion on their website, through mostly drop-down menus and multiple choice answers.

As you fill out your opinion of the products you received, you receive bonus points that go towards discounts when you purchase full-sized products on their online store.

I received my first box in mid-January:
  • Serge Lutens L'Eau Fragrance - great fresh, soapy smell
  • myfaceworks 'i need to heal' Sheet Masks - spectacular hydrating face mask
  • AHAVA Dermud Hand Cream - I got used to the smell now that I used it every evening before bed, excellent moisturizer, non-sticky and blends in very well
  • Blow Up Daily Volumizing Conditioner - great conditioner, not too heavy
  • Blow Up Daily Volumizing Shampoo - it's sulfate free! Leaves my hair in great condition
My second box arrived the week after Valentine's Day:
  • NARS Orgasm Illuminator - my first entry into the Nars world, great little highlighter
  • Pomega5 Green Tea Mattifying Moisturizer - very nice for oily skin, very light scent
  • Befine Exfoliating Cleanser - amazing how it foams up as you apply it in circular motion
  • bareMinerals Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara - really great mascara, has not irritated my eyes, nor given me the dreaded spider leg syndrome. Am very much liking this!
  • sweetriot Dark Chocolate Covered Cacao Nibs - delicious and addictive! If you love semi-sweet or unsweetened dark chocolate, this is for you!

No comments: