Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Find: L'Oreal Paris True Match Naturale Mascara

I was walking past the L'Oreal shelves at Walgreens on my way to the hair color aisle, when I noticed this new mascara. I hadn't heard of it!
Photo borrowed from here.

The barrel or container is quite striking, with a lovely tortoise shell-like design. Check it out on the right.

You'll notice it has the same name "True Match" as the makeup house's "tailored" foundation line. I was perplexed at what kind of personalization a mascara product could provide...since mascaras already come in pretty much all the colors that lashes do (black, brown, tan).

What I found out from a closer look at the front of the packaging was a prominently displayed message on the right side. This mascara is touted as safe for sensitive eyes and contact lenses wearers. Also, the bristles are naturally-based. Whatever that means.

Since I've been having repeated sensitivity lately to waterline lining and mascara--but mascara sensitivity is now a long story for me--I thought I could afford the $9.99 (plus tax) to get a the blackest black mascara home, and give it a twirl. Pun intended! ;o)

The back of the product packaging says: the brush is patented and offers up super-soft bristles. The gently conditioning formula is enriched with 86% natural-origin ingredients + minerals that add weightless volume and length. No brittle clumps.

Well nothing new there, lots of happy claims. Won't know how it works out unless I try it! So I can't wait to try it tomorrow morning. Will keep you posted to how this turns out. I have high hopes! *crosses fingers*

No comments: