Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer Nails

With the preponderance of sandals, flip flops, and espadrilles/wedges it's no wonder feet need additional TLC during the summer months.

A good scrub and/or pumice help keep edges soft rather than rough. And always remember to follow-up with a good moisturizer and/or cuticle oil.

I've been testing out a couple of products to help add some style and girlyness to my toenails.

Beauty Secrets non-acetone nail polish remover is working really well to get rid of nail polish and not take the nails with it! I've experienced far less splitting using this product than the other acetone version. This is available at Sally's Beauty.

A really useful product is Sally Hansen's Double Duty, because it serves as a base coat and a top coat as well. I'm all for multi-purpose beauty products. It's an easy way to create a clean and crisp foundation for nail color application.

I've been alternating this summer between my three recent favorite nail polish colors:
Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri top coat has a lot of promise. I used to be a big fan of the Insta-Dri nail colors, and I see that this top coat is a great refinement and addition to that line. This top coat dried my nails so fast, I did a double-take. I'll check out whether there's any truth to their promise that nails will stay chip-free for 10 days--Sally Hansen is usually on the money with product promises though.

There's no time like summertime to enjoy some girly toes. :o)

No comments: