Friday, September 16, 2011

Beauty Products Update: Drama

I had a terrible skin reaction to the last two new products I bought. I've gone into emergency mode. So the past two weeks have been spent giving my skin some intensive, nourishing products to remedy the damage.

I wash my face with CeraVe foaming facial cleanser (my new holy grail face wash), then follow with a facial massage with the pads of my fingers using a couple of drops of Gena Laboratories Tea Tree oil, followed up by another finger pad massage with Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse.

I've learned the virtues of using only a little product, and then adding a little more if needed. No slathering.

I also threw away the products I bought. My heart aches, but I couldn't keep them. I didn't know whether they were defective or my skin was just overly reactive at the time. I blew two months' beauty regime budget and regret it terribly. :*( This is not a mistake I'll be likely to repeat anytime soon.

The upside is that I now have a solid understanding of what works for me, what a simple and nourishing routine can do, and the importance of staying consistent.


No comments: