Sunday, September 4, 2011

Trying: DDF Glycolics

I have run out of my all-time favorite and most expensive facial product ever: Murad's Sleep Reform serum (1 fl oz at $97).

This product was recommended to me by an esthetician I was seeing at Massage Envy. Had I known how much it cost when she slipped it in my hand as I was stepping up to the check-out desk, I would have said no. I did get a discount ($76-ish? plust tax) but I was completely set aback by the price.

Having said that, this product turned around my skin in such a spectacular way over the past six months, that I really can only compare the results to a light chemical peel facial. Without the side effects.

Well, but as all good things come to an end, I had to look for a replacement. Today I went to Ulta, and got two products I figured would help me achieve the same un-congested skin: DDF's Glycolic 5% exfoliating wash (8.45 fl oz at $35) and Glycolic 10% Exfoliating Oil-Control Gel (1.7 fl oz at $48).

Both these products together, plus tax (7.25%), cost less (yes you read that right) than the Sleep serum. I really enjoyed the refreshing sensation of using the cleanser. It has an almost pepperminty-cooling sensation as you apply it (I used my Clarisonic Mia). I followed up with the oil-control gel, which was tingly in all the right ways.

Because I spent over $50 in DDF products, I received a one fluid ounce sample of DDF's Ultra Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew.

I have very high hopes for these two, potentially new favorite products :o)

No comments: