Sunday, September 4, 2011

Trying: New Perfume

I threw caution to the wind and purchased a bottle of new perfume on my most recent visit to Ulta. I sniffed a couple of perfumes:

  • Marc Jacobs Daisy series: Daisy and Daisy Eau so Fresh. Both are pleasant and floral but not my kind of perfume.
  • D&G L'Imperatrice #3 - this numbered series fascinated me, but L'imperatrice is the only one I would actually try. It was a fresh aroma with a little bit of mystery in the background.
  • Burberrys The Beat, Burberry Brit, Burberry Brit Sheer - All three are wonderful perfumes. The Beat won me out with an apple/floral combo that was a good medium between Brit's smokier appeal and Sheer's fruitier/citrusy appeal.
I actually took advantage of the little pot of coffee beans to refresh my nose in-between sniffs of perfume, which helped me focus and not try too many perfumes on this visit.

I was incredibly lucky to take advantage of the special deal where you get an overnight bag with any Burberrys large-size fragrance. Also, there were no D&G bottles in the display ^^; oh well, their loss!

No comments: