Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Trying: Bare Escentuals Skin Care

I was looking for a new moisturizer recently, as I'm finishing up my bottle of Juice Beauty's  Oil Free Moisturizer, when I ran into a Bare Escentuals staff member at the Clarins Counter at Macy's.

She told me they now had skincare products, and their Purely Nourishing Moisturizer for combo skin ($28) and their Pure Transformation Night Treatment (clear color) would do wonders for what concerned me about my skin.

I remember that Bare Escentuals also makes Bare Minerals, and that their mineral veil did a number on my skin, so I was tentative. But the moisturizer is scent-free (smells like clay to be honest) and although it is pleasantly emollient, it doesn't leave a heavy coating or slickness behind (it absorbs well) on my skin--at least on my hand. So I threw caution to the wind and bought a bottle.

So far, I must say, so good. The product moisturizes without leaving an oil slick behind on my T-Zone which is my #1 complaint with most facial moisturizers. I am being religious about using my CeraVe foaming cleanser and Clarisonic Mia, so I know that any potential pore-cloggers are not sticking around long enough to wreck havoc.

I also obtained a small sample that the kind attendant provided me. It seems to have helped with a couple of breakouts that I was trying to get gone. It's just a powder that you buff lightly over the affected area, and then you go to sleep and it does it's thing by the time you wake up. Over the past week it's done its job, so I'm pleased, but the high price point means I won't be buying a full-sized container any time soon.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this product line, and may try other products from the combination skin friendly area in the near future, but tentatively, as I know any small change can wreck havoc on my skin, just as I experienced last autumn. Definitely something I don't want to see repeated.

No comments: