Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Discover: Revlon Colorstay Foundation

My favorite face makeup holy grail discovery this year is Revlon's Colorstay foundation for combination skin. Majorly awesome.

I found out about it from watching Emily Eddington's Beauty Broadcast videos on YouTube [here's her blog!]. She's such a lovely, charming, and well-informed beauty fashionista.

I gave the product a reluctant try remembering how a sample of this same product (but for dry skin) turned me off when I was in college in the mid 1990s--the foundation was overly-moisturizing, chalky looking color (think vampire), and slicked up my face like nothing else had before it (eww).

On the other hand, the current combination skin formula is perfect to target exactly what troubles my type of skin, it sticks but is light and yet buildable. I have found my holy grail foundation. Amen.

So my favorite aspects of this foundation are:

  • great color variety that matches my skintone perfectly whatever the season [In winter wear NC15 in MAC, and Ivory in Revlon Colorstay]
  • easy to apply with either fingertips or a foundation brush (or stipple brush)
  • It stays. All. Workday. Long. Need I say more?
  • It makes oilies never appear during long workdays or hot summer days. 
I now have been able to say GOOD BYE for ever to breakout inducing silicone-based primers--I got sick of testing new ones to find out which one would work for me. None of them do!

It's such a lightweight foundation and yet it has buildable coverage. I'm honestly flabbergasted at how wonderful this product is.

No comments: