Thursday, September 27, 2012

Favorites: Revlon Nail Polish

As I looked for a work appropriate nude/pink/peach nail polish at the drugstore, I discovered a new line by Revlon: Revlon ColorStay Longwear nail enamel.

I took the plunge with Calla Lily, a sheer white with rose gold sparkles. It's subtle enough for work or as a top coat to give other colors a little oomph.

I haven't bought Revlon nail polish in ages, which is surprising because I've loved their colors and finishes since college.

First things first, the ColorStay line is well known for long-lasting foundation. As a nail polish, it boasts "Gel-Like shine and up to 11 days of shatterproof color." Can't beat that right?

I applied Calla Lily with Sally Hansen Double Duty as base and top coats and it still looks good five days later. This must be some sort of record.

Even thought it's as light/sheer color, which means the polish usually lasts longer. This through all sorts of heavy scrubbing, cleaning, and packing over the past two days.

Today I got another color, Cafe Pink (a bubble gum pink) and the top and base coats. The nail polish dried rather quickly and has a very nice sheen. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how well the polish puts up through the ins and outs at a conference over this weekend and into next week!


No comments: