Thursday, January 24, 2008

Review: MAC pigments

I purchased two pigments samples from a reliable vendor mentioned throughout the YouTube MAC community with very good results.

The pigments I chose were melon and golden olive due to my preference for golden and warm tones to go along with my eye color and skintone.

The melon is a beautiful peachy coral hue in the container, that turned out a little more peachy than coral once applied. I paired melon with MAC eyeshadows arena and all that glitters.

The golden olive looks like a crisp green olive with gold shimmer, and turned to a light yellowish green once applied. I paired golden olive with MAC eyeshadow green smoke (in the crease and lashline) and Bare Escentuals eyeshadow in spirited (on the outer v).

Since these pigments turned out lighter than they appeared in the pot for me, I am going to use these as excellent choices for inner eye, tear duct, and middle lid area highlighting when teamed up with a medium tone in the crease and a darker tone outer "v." This look brings the eyes out quite well.

Although I enjoyed these colors, I cannot honestly go out and buy MAC pigments at this point in time, knowing too well that Bare Escentuals are basically the same product but with a promise of more natural ingredients.

In addition, my sparing use of eye makeup during the workweek would not mesh well with the quantity provided in a full-size pot of pigment. I would certainly either get tired of the color quickly, and run out of ideas for how to use it up. Let's not forget the warnings about eye cosmetics' short shelf life. However, these are excellent and very versatile options in a vivid range of gorgeous colors.

No comments: