My easy, breezy trick is to grab a handful of white sugar, a pumpful of liquid moisturizing soap, and scrubbing liberally under lukewarm faucet water. Then rinse profusely, and, while the hands are still moist follow up with a trusted moisturizer and massage it in well until it's all soaked up.
Some of my favorite moisturizers are:
- L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream (creamy, uber moisturizing)
- Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Creme (petroleum based, for sensitive skins)
- Bath and Body Works Orange Sapphire body lotion (goes great with their body wash!)
- Body Works Pink Grapefruit Puree Body Lotion (goes great with their body wash!)
- Body Works Pink Grapefruit Body Butter (thick and creamy)
- Davies Gate Lemon Made Hand Salve (very thick and creamy)
- Olivina Olive Hand and Body Lotion (very liquid and with a mild scent)
- Neutrogena Body Oil
- Olive oil (straight from the kitchen)
I'm always on the lookout for a great new lotion and hand cream. What I look for in particular is that it doesn't sting on raw, blustery hands, and that it doesn't take forever to soak up (especially so with natural shea, cocoa butter, and olive oil lotions and potions).
Stay smooth! :o)