Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Kat Von D at Sephora

In passing through my local, stand-alone JCPenney, I couldn't pass up the Sephora section. While there, I noticed the Kat Von D makeup line also includes perfume!

Kat Von D Painted Love Lipgloss
I found a lip gloss (painted love) underage red, which is described as a very bright crimson color. They say it's highly pigmented, and from what I seen, I likey!

This red's perfect for the upcoming holiday season and in general for pinup looks. It's tacky as you apply it with the wand applicator, but blends in more with dabbing and with the skin's warmth.

In regards to the fragrances, there's 3 with a little for everyone. Each comes in the roller, a solid perfume rose ring, a small bottle, or a full-size bottle. All these range from $16 to $55. Online I saw they have the solid and gift sets.

Kat Von D Sinner Fragrance Gift Set
After quick whiffs, I selected the scent called Sinner (orange, mandarin, plum, jasmine, cinnamon, vetiver, patchouli, woods, vanilla, musk) because it seemed closer to my usual preferences.  I didn't know the ingredients till I came home, and no surprise at all that it's citrus heavy. I love citrus. Sinner persists quite well, it does get softer as time passes, yet the aromas don't really change as the different layers evaporate.

I sprayed some on my wrist and noticed it was quite strong but soft enough to blend well and not overpower. I picked out the rollerball to take home--didn't want to make the investment of one of the two bottle sizes available.

The other two perfumes are Saint (Plum, mandarin Tiare flower, caramel, jasmine, vanilla, musk, sandalwood) which is in a milky white bottle, and Adora (lychee, boysenberry, thyme, cassis, hyacinth, jasmine, mango, patchouli, musk, amber wood) which is in a black bottle.

The packaging is very street wise, edgy, and grayish-black. The names, as you can see, are sassy. It's a great product line. I wonder if the makeup, the eyeshadows for example, are well-pigmented and have staying power.

All around I would definitely peek around the Kat Von D display again, and check out what other stuff she has in her line.

No comments: