Friday, January 14, 2011

New Products Rundown

I got to work on sucking dry the couple of Sephora gift cards I got for Christmas. ^_^;

I finally bit the bullet and bought the Murad T-Zone Pore Refining Gel, which is from their pomegranate line. It smells heavenly and ever so subtly. It doesn't leave a residue, it's a liquidy-gel consistency. So far so good. Will determine after a week's use whether I can continue using it and whether it's providing an improvement on the congestion.

Laura Mercier Lip Glace in meringue. Creamy petal pink? Really? It's more like a translucent baby pink. Oh boy was I a little disappointed when I got this out of its box. It's way too transparent and uber sticky. But it's a great everyday color for neutral work makeup. Subtlety does have it's good points. ;o)

I also got to pick a number of delectable freebies with my purchases:
  • Prada L'eau Ambree eau de parfum - a subtle, very refined perfume. I'm no longer used to opening these little samples, so sadly, I spilled a few drops. But whenever I catch a whiff from my wrists I am almost transfixed, and moved to another time and another place. A likely new favorite.
  • Kinerase Daily Defense Lotion SPF 30 - a must-try to see how my skin reacts. This brand bears high marks usually, and a 30 is rather high and beneficial for summers and outdoor activities.
  • Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau de Toilette Spray - I didn't realize this was a man's fragrance! So disappointed upon reading that on the sample folder. So I handed this over to the significant-other unit and said he should try it and that it's expensive. I think he'll consider it :oP I guess I can always sniff it when he's wearing it and see...
  • 100-point Perk, Sephora Collection Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 Oil-Free in Medium 26 Peach - I haven't used many of the Sephora line of products (lipsticks, glosses, eye makeup remover, liquid eyeliner) with positive results. But since I'm a habitual user of clinique's similar product, I wanted to see how the Sephora one compared. Though I didn't' imagine they'd be sending me a medium color, when I am fair. Go figure why I spend so much time filling out profiles if they're going to override it. I will probably end up using this as an eyeshadow base.

I'll have follow-ups on these if any don't work out, though I believe all except the tinted moisturizer will, in the end, serve their purpose.

No comments: