That's why so many women dedicate a lot of time and money to getting their regular manicures at their favorite salon or spa. I was one such woman, until I got stuck with a student loan and credit card bill that needed taking care of. So enter the self-care routine to save some cost and time.
I finally got cracking today, went to my local CVS, and refreshed my stash of goodies. I filed my nails down so just a little white shows (a la French/American mani), pushed back my cuticles, and applied a coat of nail strengthener. Now that I took care of business, I have my essentials tucked away in a favorite makeup bag for easy, peasy access whenever I need a touch up.
A little TLC can make a big difference in how your nails look, and how you feel. Just filing straight across and then once on each side, as well as tidying up the cuticle with a pusher, are great basic things to do in two minutes or less.
Here's the items I keep in my nails quick-fix stash:
- makeup bag or zip loc bag to stash everything inside
- toenail clipper (TMI disclaimer: my fingernails are very thick)
- your favorite kind of nail files (mine is 280 grit)
- a four-sided buffer block
- a professional cuticle pusher
- your favorite nail strengthener or treatment (I'm into Sally Hansen triple strong right now)
- cuticle oil
And voila! Neat nails and cuticles, ready to take on whatever's next on your to-do list. :o)