Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New Favorite Curly Hair Products

EverStyle Curl Defining Gel
I noticed in March that L'Oreal now has their new EverCurl product line. But would the products work the same as my old favorite, the Everstyle curl defining gel? :S

I've purchased the Everstyle curl defining gel for a few years and have used it almost exclusively (my other favorite is Ouidad moisturizing gel). It's hard to find a gel with some control that helps not overdry my hair or build up dulling residue that's hard to wash off.

I was dismayed to see stores stopped carrying the Everlast curl line of products and was really nervous about trying other products and start over from scratch.

As I perused my local stores for more Everstyle gel, I realized that there was a new sculpt + hold cream/gel product. It is a white and gel swirl pump.  I figured the gel portion must be similar to my old Everstyle curl defining gel. Well, I was right and wrong. It turned out to be a little to heavy and dulling for my particular hair type.

As I was perusing the aisles at Target in April, I realized they added more products to the EverCurl line. Phew! I picked up a few of the products in this line and read up the labels and ingredients to learn more.

EverCurl Hydracharge Leave-In
I decided to give the Hydracharge Leave-In Cream as well as the Silk & Gloss Dual Care Oil a try. At the time, I was growing out some hair color and my hair was dry and unruly.

The leave-in cream is very similar to the EverLast Humidity Defying Leave-In Creme. Both, good moisturizing products that prevent flyaways and frizzies but have no control factor. A little goes a long way.

The dual care oil is best used sparingly on the ends and to define cowlicks or unruly face-framing curls and licks. It's not heavy at all, nor greasy, and melts into the hair strands rather quickly.

I really like these two products together on air-dried hair or as a touch up on day-old hair before heading out the door. They're quick to use, and in combination with a finger twirl curl technique on various sections of hair can help add much needed definition to looser curls or drier hair.

No comments: