Friday, July 12, 2013

Discovering: NYX Shadow Palettes

A couple of months ago I purchased the NYX Natural Shadow Palette to try to forget the unhappiness I experienced with the UD Naked Palettes. NYX's palette is exactly what the doctor ordered.

The palette features five, highly-pigmented matte shadows and a sparkly clear/off-white shadow. They stay on well throughout my workday, and the dark brown is great for the outer edge, or as a liner (or to top a liner for added staying power), or as an eyebrow fill-in shadow.

Today I went to another Ulta to see whether they had additional palettes, and indeed, NYX has put out a Smokey Shadow Palette. Although I haven't purchased it yet, it looks like a perfect palette to try for a fun night out.

The colors are coordinated but it's still very versatile, for a variety of subtle smokey eye or more dramatic contrast. The blue shadow can be great as an accent color or as a liner to help create the illusion that the white of the eye is brighter. I really love the pink and purply shadows together.

I'm really liking the quality, length of wear, and color combinations--and the price! So affordable. These may be my new favorite non-MAC eye shadows.

No comments: